- Last Updated: 05 September 2023 05 September 2023
The next course will be Summer 2024 - July 29-Aug 1. See you then! General info from 2022 is below - more will be posted ASAP.
Oregon State University - Agricultural Education and OATA will again offer a week-long seminar on Welding and Woods Shop Management this summer. The course will be July 25-28, 2022 at Sutherlin High School. Participants will be able to focus on the content and training that will best fit their own situation.
Registration: it is now OPEN HERE -> https://ovata.org/index.php/professional-development/shop/shop-management-seminar
- Last Updated: 26 April 2023 26 April 2023
OATA Summer Conference will be June 20-22 at Baker High School in Baker, Oregon.
The draft full agenda is available here.
Sun Ridge Best Western Inn
If you use the link below it will take you directly to the booking site, or you can call and use the group ID.
CASE AgXplore Flyer - for those interested in the available CASE course for middle school curriculum.
Deep Dives - see the options available for 2023 here
- Last Updated: 01 September 2016 01 September 2016
OATA has established the following areas (referred to as ‘Strands’) that all professional development programming will be based upon.
- Program planning for Fall, Summer, and other conferences and programming organized and executed by OATA will utilize the following Strands in order to plan workshop and programming topics
- All topics must fit into at least one of the Strands
- At least one Program of Study Pathway will be emphasized yearly, with all pathways being emphasized at least once every four years
- All Strands do not have to incorporated into every PD event
- Every effort for a diverse program of topics and content areas should be made
- OATA Leadership and Program Organizers will identify which Strand(s) every session is aligned with for communication with administrators and other stakeholders
- Strands will be reviewed and modified as needed by the Professional Growth Committee
- Program of Study Pathways Content Areas
- Animal Systems
- Plant Systems
- Power, Structure, and Technology
- Other Agricultural Science & Technology Content Areas
- FFA (including but not limited to)
- Leadership Development
- Program of Activities
- Supervised Agricultural Experience
- Agriscience Inquiry
- Pedagogy/Teaching Strategies
- Program Planning
- Early Career/Mid-Career/Experienced Teacher cohorts
Last updated: June 2015